Cohesive Estate Planning Services For 85 Years
At Murphy, Collins & McGill, PLC., we have been helping residents of northwest Iowa prepare comprehensive estate plans since 1936. We work hard to make sure that every detail of our clients’ final wishes is addressed so that they can have the confidence that when the time comes, they are ready.
How We Can Assist You
- Wills – In its most basic form, a will simply dictates how your property will be divided and to whom.
- Living wills – Living wills outline your wishes, medically and financially, should you become incapacitated.
- Trusts – Trusts are used to direct that property or assets be held for an individual (beneficiary) by another (trustee) until a certain time.
- Financial power of attorney – The person designated as your financial power of attorney has the authority to make financial decisions on your behalf. This may last for a designated period of time, or indefinitely following your medical incapacitation.
- Heath care power of attorney – Also known as a health care agent, a health care power of attorney has the authority to make medical decisions on your behalf should you become incapacitated.
We also assist in the actual probate of last wills and testaments.
Do I Really Need An Estate Plan?
Many people mistakenly feel that because they have not amassed a large fortune, they do not need to worry about estate planning. The essential pieces of a comprehensive estate plan, such as living wills and trusts, cover not only the all-important financial details of your final wishes, but also dictates who will make decisions regarding your medical care should you become incapacitated.
We also assist those with agricultural assets and estate concerns. This includes extensive estate planning measures and asset protection through methods such as generational transfers.
Get Our Comprehensive Estate Planning Help
Every adult should have an estate plan. We are the team to help you create yours. To arrange a free consultation, please contact us today at 712-545-0727. You can also contact us online by sending an email.